Mar 1, 2012

Get To Know Your Etsy Seller: Woodii

I am very excited to have Courtney interviewing on my blog today. Courtney is the creator of the lovely terrarium necklaces on her Etsy Shop, Woodii. I absolutely adore them, and after my next paycheck, I will most likely be ordering one.



1. Your terrarium necklaces are so magical! What made you decide to start creating them?
Thank you so much! I've been making real terrariums for quite a while now and I've always had an interest in plants and nature. One day I saw some vials for sale at a local vintage shop and thought they were so simple and pretty. I was reminded of the clear plastic pencils filled with polished stones I used to buy at the History Museum when I was a child. So, I bought the vials and decided to experiment and make miniature terrarium necklaces! 


2. How long does it take you to create a necklace? They look so intricate!
The necklaces are very delicate and small so I have to be very precise and work slowly. Each layer has to be carefully placed using small tools. I would say that depending on the necklaces, anywhere form two to three hours to complete. 


3. What do you do when you need inspiration? What inspires you?
I find inspiration from many difference places. I spend a lot of time browsing the internet and looking at magazines, books, art, and photography. I love scrolling through Tumblr! I am also very interested in nature. Some of my favorite sources of inspiration are the ocean, plants, science, and insects and animals. 


4. What kind of camera do you use in general, and for your Etsy shop?
I actually just started learning about photography when I opened up my shop a couple months ago. I'm fortunate enough to have the Canon T2i. So far one of my biggest struggles has been with lighting. Seattle in the winter doesn't have very much natural light so I've had to experiment with a variety of inexpensive tricks.


5. Where is your favorite place in the whole world to be?
I would have to say I love being near the ocean...whether it's a sunny beach or a cold, rocky shore, I love looking out into the sea and have found many inspirations there.


Courtney is so kind-hearted and wonderful to work with. Now I am off to drool over her gorgeous necklaces! Courtney, thank you so much for doing this interview! 

Xo Chloe.

7 colorful thought(s):

Katherine said...

i love those! ah those necklaces are so cool - they are so intricate and beautiful. i could never have the patience for something like that

Teaka said...

Seriously awesome necklaces. Haven't seen anything like them before! She's quite talented!

ShyScout said...

I adore her stuff. It is all so delicate and lovely :] Thanks for sharing this. I have been seeing a lot of her stuff around the blog world lately - which is awesome.

Heather Belle said...

I love everything she makes! Wish I had to patience to make such tiny, adorable things! Thanks for sharing this :)
xo Heather
http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

Lauryn Green said...

I really really love this necklaces. I wish I have money.. I think I'll ask for my bithday... :3

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i love her shop!

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for featuring me! Lovely post :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Kind words are always appreciated!