Dec 22, 2012

Outfit: Sweetheart, Bitter Heart

So I must start out this post with a little story about this hat. I became a fashion blogger for Oasap not too long ago and was granted $30 to spend in their shop with the agreement that I would do an outfit post for them. I ended up picking this adorable cat ear bowler hat that barely fit in my spending limit. When I received the hat in the mail, it was completely smashed because it was sent in A BAG! I thought it was a dvd or something that I ordered, yeah that bad. I managed to get it looking somewhat presentable, but even in these photos you can see some dents. I am just extremely disappointed because how could I share something on my blog that I didn't think was worth the money. I mean really, this was a $30 hat, it should have been amazing. Oasap did however offer me another $30 with an extra added $10 to try again. I am going to take them up on their offer and see how it goes. They did apologize a bunch and told me that they talked to their supplier about the packaging problem.
Cardigan- Thrifted
Dress- Modcloth
Tights- Jo Boxer (kmart
Shoes- Ebay
Hat- c/o Oasap

Here is what the hat looks like close up. It's a cute hat, and I would not be complaining so much if it was a $5 hat. This is a $30 hat that was packaged so poorly, that it sends the message that they do not care about their customers at all.
It is pretty much impossible to get those dents out. I once found a hat in the depths of my closet that looked like this and I ended up having to throw it away. This one isn't so bad once you put it on.
I LOVE this dress! Dominick bought it for my birthday and I couldn't be happier. 
Whew, such a ranty outfit post. Have you ever ordered from Oasap? What was your experience?
Xo Chloe.

P.S. My brother is obsessed with the Feist song 1234 and sings it all the time, it is pretty much the cutest thing ever.

19 colorful thought(s):

Angel said...

That sucks about the hat, cause it's super cute. But I worked in retail for a bit and maybe you could steam the dents out? Or atleast make them a little less noticeable?

Ennaihc Dooh said...

Lovely outfit! Too bad about your hat!

http://thehonestfox.blogspot.com/

The Quiet Owl said...

Super cute hat, but I would be upset if I got it in that condition too!

Marlyn Pena said...

SO adorable! Love that hat! Glad you managed to make it look adorable even if it was smashed.

Unknown said...

Since it is wool hat it shouldn't be that hard to get the dents out. Just moist it a bit and form it with your finger. I am not sure if I would try to steam it since it might shrink a bit.

Rachel said...

I suggest stuffing some scarves in the hat to get the shape back, and then letting it sit in the bathroom while you shower to help steam it.

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

What a stupid way to send such a fragile thing. Other than that it is a great hat. And the pictures in this post are lovely as well.

Happy Holidays and better luck with your next review;)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Z said...

Ugh I'm sorry you had a negative experience! it's always the worst when packaging ruins what should be an awesome piece! Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't notice until I read all of what you wrote about it. Plus, I love the rest of your outfit - adorably colored tights, by the way! :]
-Z

Unknown said...

That sucks! You'd think if they would want you to write a post about them they would make SURE the packaging was perfect. That sucks! The hat is just too cute. I love your outfit though!

Summer x

http://ohsummercandy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That stinks about the dents in your hat, because it is super cute! Hope that you have a better experience the next time around.

Also, your dress is so adorable!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

T said...

I've reshaped smashed wool hats many times and yours doesn't have the fedora dents that makes it more difficult plus the brim looks unscathed. First just let it hang around on a ball or something that fills it for a day or so (your head can do in a pinch). If it's not yet undented, mist it with a spray bottle (or a light outdoor drizzle), let it dry on that ball. If it's still dented, put it in your bathroom while having a long warm shower (let dry on the ball). Then if all else fails, handwash it and gently reshape while wet.

Michelle said...

What a bummer, it's an adorable hat! I half went to buy it before reading the rest of your review.

Anonymous said...

Your so cute and I love that hat. Its such a shame that the packaging for it dented the hat.

Katherine said...

Bah that sucks. I'm not too surprised it was packaged so badly - places like that that ship direct from the supplier usually are concerned about cost and freight. I got rings from OASAP that were pretty cute and held up decently. It is a cute hat though. And I totalllyyyy love that dress, the title treats are adorablelelele.

Miki said...

Awe, that has to be the cutest hat ever! ;)

Hope you're ready to welcome 2013 with a huge smile! ;D

Miki.

Nerd Burger said...

You look so beautiful. And that hat is adorable. I can't believe they flattered it in a bag. You got it looking really good though.

Ave Renee said...

that hat is still super cute. WANT

Penniless Socialite said...

I got a freebie from OASAP and it took forever to arrive and they required a signature for a $20 necklace. It was packaged ok, but I don't know if I will ever order from them if I have to pay...haha. I love your hat and I hope it can be salvaged.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
Enter to a Target Gift Card!

Kristian said...

Oh that is so sad it got smashed because that is an adorable idea to put ears on a bowler! You make it look cute regardless!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Kind words are always appreciated!