May 12, 2014

Rummage With Me!

rummage6
My family and I like to go out on Saturday mornings and look for church rummage sales, garage sales, and estate sales. I think that sometimes you can find even better treasures at one of those than a thrift store. Although I did not find anything on this trip, I took pictures along the way to show you what I was looking at.

rummage2
rummage1
So many cats! I sort of like it when they organize the stuff they are selling. Depending on what it is, it could make you look like an over-obsessed weirdo. In this case, just a crazy cat lady.

rummage5
This was at the church rummage sale, the second one to be specific. Let me tell you about the first church sale we went to. We saw the signs but failed to read the time it opened. It didn't open until 12:30! That is super late for a church sale, usually they start at 9am. So we ended up walking in on a meeting and everyone stared at us. It was super awkward and pretty funny. They weren't very nice considering it was a church.

rummage4
I love cool little collections like these. I really considered buying the license plates. I could have found something to do with them.

rummage9
It seems that at every other garage sale there is a table full of Christmas decorations.

rummage8

rummage7
The syrup bottles in the back would make such cool vases.

rummage3
I thought these were really cool. They are push pins! Some one must have made these. I would have bought them but they were $40 a piece.

Do you go garage sailing? What is the weirdest thing you have ever found?
Xo Chloe.

2 colorful thought(s):

Hayley said...

I've never been to one! Not really a thing in Scotland. We do have car boot sales where everyone parks in a field and sells things out the backs of their cars. I've been to those before? They're pretty fun.
Hayley
Water Painted Dreams xxx

stoic and pariah said...

haha, that siamese cat collection is great. I would have gone nuts for those salt + pepper shakers, ACTUALLY.

the weirdest thing I've ever found at a garage sale.... well I can tell you the weirdest thing I ever found at the thrift store! a cat-urn with ashes in it! my mom actually bought it, on accident. we didn't realize what it was until we got it home :/ haha!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Kind words are always appreciated!